Wednesday, February 7, 2007

Hello

Hi there.

I thought this might be a way to communicate some thoughts I have collected over the years dealing with Multiple Sclerosis. I will try to update this post at least once a week, time permitting (with the two little ones and all). I welcome comments to the postings.

A little about me. I was diagnosed almost 10 years ago when I was 24 years old and married for 6 months. I have relapsing-remitting MS. I have been immensely lucky with the disease - 5 official attacks. My 6th is probably happening right now but it is minor so I haven't gone to see my neurologist because I know what the outcome will be and since I am only minorly affected, it seems like a waste of time and money. I will describe the other attacks in later blog entries as some people reading this might be able to benefit with what I went through.

I have two little girls - now 4 and 2 1/2 - the picture is outdated. If you do to the math, you'll note they were both born way after MS. And I had the "luck" of having flare ups with the disease with both pregnancies but not after delivery. Future blogs will probably talk about having kids when you have MS but again, I have been very blessed not to have significant issues (yet) since they were born.

I have been married for 10 years and my husband has been giving me my Avonex for about 7 1/2 of those years. (Doctor didn't recommend it until a year after I was diagnosed and I "took off" during the pregnancies & nursing after they were born.) Another blessing has been my husband.

So, hello and I look forward to posting again real soon.

No comments: